Occasionally, new visitors may have questions about what Remix Nation is, and may also need help with something. This page will hopefully provide answers to those questions and solve any problems one may run into.
This is my first time here, and I don’t understand what Remix Nation is. What is it?
Well, to answer this question, we first need to ask you a question: Are you hungry? Because Remix Nation is an Electronic Dance Music (EDM) all-you-can-eat buffet. Whether you’re craving a salad, steak, seafood, pasta, or deep-fried chicken, we’ve got it all, and you can come back for seconds whenever you’d like. We’re open 24/7 and never run out of food, regarldess of how many people are dining with us.
We’re like a buffet in the sense that Remix Nation provides a wide variety of features to our visitors, and we think being called a “blog” doesn’t do us justice. Besides being able to listen to the highest quality and most exclusive EDM on the planet, you can also enjoy these other great features of the site:
- Fully integrated ticketing system (located above, in the navigation): features the most popular shows from LA to New York to Miami, and everywhere in-between.
- Top Songs (located above, in the navigation): at the end of every year, we compile a list of the top 100 songs for our visitors to feast upon.
- Online Store: it’s not our fault that our logo happens to look fabulous on pretty much any clothing item it’s printed on. Every one of our designs glows in fluorescent light and are ideal Festival and Concert Tanks.
- Weekly Posts:
- Mashup Monday- a collection of the best mashups for you to start your week off right. Because we know school and work didn’t.
- Thursday Night Thumpers- a collection of the hardest hitting electro and electro-house tracks we can find. They’re the perfect way to start the weekend off by RAGING.
- Hip Hop Weekly- your weekly dose of Hip Hop; published on Fridays and offers those at the party who don’t know who deadmau5 is yet, to still have a good time.
Also, we tend to release exclusive content and do giveaways on our facebook page. In addition, all articles published on the site show up on both our facebook page and our twitter. We urge you to consider following us in order to stay connected and be aware of updates to the site, new features, exclusive content, etc…
Hopefully, it’s now clear what Remix Nation is, and what we can do for you as a treasured visitor. Now, let’s take the next step together, you and us, and we can both share our passion for EDM as one! >>> Homepage or continue to Frequently Asked Questions below.
How do I listen to a song?
Typically, towards the bottom of a single post, there will be an audio player with a little green arrow that when clicked, will expand into a larger audio player where the volume can be adjusted, and you can scroll through the track by clicking anywhere on the bar. Here is an example:
What if there is no audio player like the one above, but it looks like a track can still be played?
The audio player above was initially used because there were no good alternatives that allowed our visitors to easily play a track on Remix Nation. More recently, we have been using another type of audio player from the Sound Cloud website. To listen to a song using the SoundCloud Player, simply click the big play button to the left of the player. Here is an example of a SoundCloud Player:
*If a track is played via the SoundCloud Player, it may not always be downloadable. This is at the discretion of the artist who uploaded it, not Remix Nation, and we respect their decision.
Wait a second, I can’t even see an audio player like the ones mentioned above.
The first audio player requires Flash for it to display and function. Flash is a completely normal program and many things on the internet need it to function properly. Most browsers have Flash pre-installed, but if you don’t think yours does, you can download it here.
***For the following situations, it is almost always beneficial to “Clear the Cache” of your browser, unless stated otherwise.
I clicked the play button on the Audio Player, but the song seems to “buffer” forever. What’s wrong?
If you’ve double-checked your internet connection, tried refreshing the page, and have tried playing the track at various times throughout the day (this proves it’s not just a minor server time-out), then there is a good chance the track has been removed. We do not host any of the audio files on our site, they are all hosted on an external site, so when a track is removed, it could be for a variety of reasons:
- the user who uploaded it has chosen to remove it (this could be an artist)
- the track may have not been approved to be uploaded in the first place
- the track contains copyrighted material
- the track was removed for other reasons not specified
- Your internet connection is not stable
- There was a hiccup in the server (this happens occasionally)
- The track hasn’t buffered yet (you may need to give it a second to buffer, just like a youtube video)
- Navigate to Chrome’s main menu, click Clear Browsing Data, check the box that says, Empty the Cache, and click Clear Browsing Data at the bottom. Then restart the browser. If this doesn’t work, wait a minute and do it again.
- Navigate to Safari’s main menu, click Empty the Cache. If this doesn’t work, wait a minute and do it again.
- Navigate to Tools. Then select Clear Recent History. Then check the box that says Cache, and click Clear Now at the bottom. Then restart the browser. If this doesn’t work, wait a minute and do it again.